Dickson Cement Transload Site Design
CSR Engineering client desired a new rail spur and site development within the City of Dickson’s local jurisdiction.
The site and rail design included the following general features:
- New main building for material handling and transload operation
- Required site access, parking and traffic routing (single access)
- Roadway truck (53’) traffic patterns needed for access, drive aisles.
- Approximately 5+ acres of land for operations tied to adjacent rail (new 1,100’ spur)
The professional services provided by CSR include:
Scope of Work
Phase I – Data Collection & Preliminary: This phase is the kick-off of the project and the due-diligence process for land acquisition. During this phase, CSR Engineering utilized data relevant to the project including boundary and topographical survey of the 5-acre parcel area, established by the City of Dickson requirements for the site, and we communicated with client to finalize the project objectives and plan to transition to full site design.
Phase II – Civil / Rail Site Plans: From the preliminary plans and finalized surveys, CSR Engineering proceeded to the site design. The plans meet the objectives of the client and was in accordance with the City of Dickson requirements including:
- Site Layout
- Rail Spur Layout
- Grading & Drainage
- Erosion Prevention and Sediment Control Measures
- Permanent Stormwater Infrastructure
- On-Site Utilities
- Landscape Plan
- Site Lighting (if desired)
- Site Details
- Rail Details
Phase III – Site Related Permits: It was anticipated that Dickson City permits, and the NPDES Construction General Permit were required.
CSR Engineering scope of work for the project included:
- Developed and submitted the required plans to the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation for the NPDES Construction General Permit for Construction Activities
- Submitted proposed final civil plans to Dickson as required to obtain the Planning Commission/Department approval and consequent site grading authorization
- Represented the client at a necessary Planning Commission/Staff meeting
- Submitted a proposed final rail plans to South Central TN Railroad and TDOT as required to obtain the rail spur construction approval and authorization.
- Represented the client at a necessary Railroad and TDOT coordination and meetings.
- Prepared status reports and meeting minutes as requested to keep our client informed of the procedural situation and relevant timelines associated with site design and permit approvals