Lebanon Rail Site Design
A new rail spur and site development within the City of Lebanon local jurisdiction. The site and rail design included the following general features:
- New main building for material handling and transload operation
- Site access, parking and traffic routing (single access) off of a state highway
- Approximately 12+ acres of land for operations tied to adjacent rail (new rail spur)
CSR Engineering provided site due diligence for land purchase followed by Civil Site Design with Rail Spur and Transload Design.
Scope of Work
Phase I – Data Collection & Preliminary: This phase kicked-off the project and the due-diligence process for land acquisition. CSR Engineering utilized data including boundary and topographical survey of the considered tract and operations of the area and the City of Lebanon requirements for the site.
Phase II – Civil / Rail Site Plans: CSR Engineering performed the preliminary plans and finalized ALTA and topographic surveys and proceeded with the site design. The plans meet the objectives of the client and also was in accordance with the City of Lebanon requirements including:
- Site Layout
- Rail Spur Layout
- Grading & Drainage
- Erosion Prevention and Sediment Control Measures (EPSC)
- Permanent Stormwater Infrastructure (Water Quality and Quantity Measures)
- TDOT specific access drawings (onsite connection details to the ROW)
- Separate scope will be added per local/state coordination of offsite requirements.
- On-Site Utilities
- Landscape Plan
- Site Lighting (if desired)
- Site Details
- Rail Details
Phase IIIa – Site Related Permits: It is anticipated that along with City of Lebanon permits, that an NPDES Construction General Permit was required.
CSR Engineering’s scope of work for the project includes:
- TN NPDES multi-sector general permit for industrial activities:
- ASSUMPTION-facility qualifed for No Exposure Certification
- Completed no-exposure application and submit to TDEC.
- Revised estimate should TDEC require permitting.
- TDEC Air Pollution Control:
- ASSUMPTION-facility qualified as Insignificant Source (<5 tons/yr. of each air pollutant)
- Complete Construction Permit Application, calculations etc. to TDEC.
- Application was submitted and TDEC approved prior to construction of silo/baghouse
- Client provided specifications for dust collections, baghouse, product throughput etc. for emissions calculations.